Jessica’s research centers around Organic Social Media Marketing engagement, Brand Loyalty & GenX females. Jessica carries a wealth of experience as a practitioner as well as experience in teaching, online course design, program development, faculty management, and course development. Jessica’s experiences working as a full time faculty member, working remotely in online courses, has made her keenly aware of the needs and interests of a diverse student body. As a result, she considers the interconnection between a student’s own knowledge, learning abilities, subject matter, current events, and real application on the job in all that she does.
She has been recognized by Hubspot as an innovative professor of digital marketing, she is ranked 28 worldwide on Social Media Marketing Magazines ‘Top Marketing Professors on Twitter’ .
Jessica has taught both undergrad & grad level courses in Management and Marketing; has 16 years of field experience in operations, management, sales, & marketing prior to transitioning into Higher Ed. in 2009. Jessica is a member of the American Marketing Association and Academy of Marketing Science. She also serves as an Editorial Board member of The Journal of Education for Business, a reviewer for The Journal of Business Research, and a reviewer for The Journal of Social Media in Society.
Open to author & co-author opportunities- For collaboration inquiries, connect via LinkedIn. Professional experience can be found here on LinkedIn.
Myers Briggs: INTJ
StrengthsFinder: Relator, Harmony, Discipline, Consistency, Maxmizer
Introduction to Marketing: Online Course Design and Instruction
Marketing Research: Online Course Design and Instruction
Introduction to Marketing
Principles of Retailing
Digital Storytelling and Branding: Online Course Design and Instruction
Managing through Communication: Online Course Design and Instruction
Social Media: Online Course Design and Instruction
Strategic Internet Marketing
Online Marketing Channels: Online Course Design and Instruction
Social Media Marketing Strategy: Online Course Design and Instruction
Social Media Campaigns: Online Course Design and Instruction
• Recognized by Hubspot as an innovative professor of digital marketing http://academy.hubspot.com/how-to-teach-digital-marketing
• Social Media Marketing Magazine (January, 2012-present). Top Marketing Top Professors on Twitter (# 28 worldwide)
• Nominee 2015 Advisors Recognizing Excellence Award nominee at Southern New Hampshire University- COCE
• Finalist 2013 Excellence in Teaching Award – Southern New Hampshire University- COCE
• Recipient 2014 Excellence in Teaching Award – Southern New Hampshire University- COCE
• Finalist 2013 Online Professor of the Year- Best Colleges Online: Best Colleges Online recognizes forward-thinking professors who are using new technologies to enhance the learning experience for distance students and prepare them for success in their courses and after graduation.
• Listed as one of the top 100 Web-Savvy Professors 2012
• Articles featured on:
Social Media Today
HubSpot Podcast: https://academy.hubspot.com/education-partner-program/professors/jessica-rogers
For collaboration inquiries, connect via LinkedIn.
If you are interested in meeting with me for a consultation, please visit the “contact” page.
I encourage you to follow me on Twitter here if you have an interest in Marketing, Social Media, Social Media Marketing as I cover those topics via Twitter for my students and followers. I am a lot more active on Twitter than I am with my blog (for now!). I am also on Instagram, with a little of my personal side showing.
I do want to thank the followers of this blog, my Twitter feed, and Instagram. You have been so encouraging as I made my way through my doctoral program. I started with a 16 month old toddler, full time work, and school. And time flew by (really it did not)…6 years, 21 weeks, and 2 days.
The views expressed in this blog are those of the author, and do not represent those of Texas A&M University-Commerce or Southern New Hampshire University unless stated explicitly.